Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Experimenting with textured painting: Part 2

Seriously, LOVE this product:
Several different colors of acrylic paints + two or three types of Liquitex (matte, gloss, opaque, transparent), + paint brushes or paint scrapers or whatever tool you can find = nearly instant art.
Anyone can do it.
Here are a couple more of my "masterpieces":

I painted inexpensive frames, then used the several shades of blue acrylic paints and Liquitex on posterboard. Nothing fancy, but I LOVE how they turned out. 


This is a 2 feet by 3 feet canvas.  I painted countless layers and shades of pink and red until I thought it was just right. I mainly used two sizes of paint scrapers to get the textured effect.

Poster board + yogurt cup-turned-stamp + texture + paint. I painted four 3x3 inch frames I got from Michaels, then dipped the rim of a yogurt cup in the texture/paint mixture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment