Sunday, November 24, 2013

Combining Opposites: Wood tones and textures

I love when different wood tones and textures are used in single spaces:  light and dark wood, natural and stained, textured and polished. I find these contrasts inspiring!  Below are more of my inspirations and some of my creations:

Bathroom: Rustic medium tones in the flooring and the door next to smooth, shiny, dark stained cabinets.
source
One of my creations: A table centerpiece and candle holder made from salvaged wood flooring.
source
Etsy
Another example of contrasting wood tones in this beautiful bathroom:
source

Inspiration: I love how the rustic, raw, organic tree branches in the chandelier contrast with the smooth, linear, dark planks of the ceiling.
source
More beautiful rooms with light and dark, rough and refined contrasts: kitchen, dining room, living room, bedroom
source
source
source
source
Creation: Bringing a touch of these stunning spaces to any home with modern-rustic tree branch and driftwood key hooks/coat racks. I've combined a simple, smooth, rectangular, dark wood plank with the light and medium toned, organic, complex, natural shapes of the driftwood.
Etsy
Etsy
Flickr
Etsy
Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment